State and Local Tax Preparation
Helping You With your Tax Questions
On account of the complexity of the Federal tax code in the U.S., along with the potential difficulties in resolving conflicts and controversies, EDG helps both individuals and businesses file tax returns and solve their issues with the IRS.
The objective of our organization’s Comprehensive Tax Assistance program is to provide free tax services and tax-related financial literacy to low-income individuals living in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
We offer the following services:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) helps low-income taxpayers file their tax returns accurately and on-time with the help of volunteer tax preparers. What sets us apart from other tax preparation programs is our “1040-101,” an extra step we take for clients to receive complete, detailed information about their tax returns, as well as the credits, deduction and adjustments they receive and how their tax refunds or liabilities were derived.
- Assisted Self-Tax Preparation (ASTP) program promotes self-sufficiency by teaching our clients how to prepare their own taxes.
- Low-Income Tax Controversy Clinic (LITC) helps clients who receive a tax notice form the IRS solve any tax issues and controversies.
- ESL LITC program educates low-income taxpayers, especially those individuals whose first language is not English, about their responsibilities as taxpayers, and their rights when they receive notices from the IRS.
- ITIN Certified Acceptance Agent Office helps clients apply for tax identification numbers so those who cannot get a Social Security Card can still file their taxes.
Interested in Learning More?
At EDG, we ensure our tax program becomes a vehicle for other financial goals; it also includes the opportunity to open bank accounts for un/underbanked taxpayers; promotes asset-building programs; promotes retirement accounts; and, makes sure each client fully understands their situation and can plan properly for the years ahead.
For more information, contact us at (703) 685-0510 to schedule an appointment.